- Start: 4.1 miles from Bloxham
- Length of walk: 3.5 miles (5.6km )
- gentle to moderate gradients
- dog friendly
A walk starting from Nether Worton, heading up Raven Hill and just skirting Great Tew on the homeward journey. The walk is mainly on broad tracks through the countryside and so far as I am unaware there are few points of historical interest
|Waypoint||N||E||N degrees||N Minutes||W degrees||W Minutes|
1. Set off from little “roundabout by Nether Worton House. Head West along the road to Sandford
2. Just past the bend head into a field and along the edge – still heading west.
3. Just B4 a new field follow a footpath sign NW across a field.
4. Next head basically north towards a copse.
5. Follow around the edge of the copse (Raven Hill) and then head in the general direction of Lower Grove Ash farm on the left.
6. Skirt the farm and follow the farm road up the hill to the B4031.
7. Walk along the B4031 until you get to the main farm road to Hill farm.
8. At this point cross the road and head down a wide farm road.
9. Keep going straight. You pass a neat farm with a small lake.
10. Turn left (east) into another wide track. There are supposedly some lakes on the right at the start of this track but they may be in a died-up state
11. Just keep going
12. Eventually you see the copse on Raven Hill that you passed on the outward journey.
13. Retrace the outward route back to the starting point
Click here for a Google satellite map of this walk.
Ordnance survey maps
You need OS Map 191
You can get an online OS map here.