- Start: 4.1 miles from Bloxham
- Length of walk: 2.25 miles (3.6 km )
- Gentle slopes
- Dog friendly except for one stile!
This is a circular walk of 3.6k starting from Nether Worton (6 km. west of Deddington and 15 km. south of Banbury) passing through Over Worton. There is one part that dogs cannot negotiate without being lifted!
Worton derives from the Anglo-Saxon (Ortune) a settlement by a bank or slope,and probably applied to Over Worton as Nether Worton lies in a flat valley beside a small tributary of the Cherwell.
It consists of a tiny church, a few cottages, Manor Farm, and Nether Worton House.
The walk heads up to Over Worton where there is a photogenic church and then back down past some small lakes to return past tiny Nether Worton church.
|Waypoint||N||E||N degrees||N Minutes||W degrees||W Minutes|
- Start near the Manor House. Walk along the road towards Sandford to a stile on your left.
- Cross the stile and head to a gate. Through the gate and across the field .
- Through the gate and turn diagonally right towards the corner of the next field towards a road
- At the road turn left (South) and head to past Flighthill farm on your right.
- Turn left and head up the footpath past the farm cottage and through various gates / stiles
- Pass through the copse.
- Along the edge of the next field.
- Into another small copse. This is hard to get out of with a heavy dog!!
- Along the field past some posh houses on the left. Out onto a road in Over Worton Follow the church sign.
- Through the churchyard through a gate with limited opening! Down the field.
- Keep going. Cross 2 stiles cutting off the corner of a field.
- You should see Nether Worton Manor farm coming into view.
- Arrive at Manor farm with a church on your left. Turn left back to the starting point.
Click here for a Google satellite map of this walk.
Ordnance survey maps
You need OS Map 191
You can get an online OS map here.